An exciting new call for papers has just been posted on the Magic Research Group. Issue Four of the Journal of Performance Magic will be themed around Magic and the Body, and be guest edited by Madelon Hoedt.
They are looking for articles covering areas such as, but not limited to;
- Magician as an acting body and character
- “Super”/Magical body – Victimized body
- The intelligent body in mentalism
- Performance styles: physical, silent performance
- Sideshow – Freak show performance
- Mediated body: performance onscreen
- Body inside and outside of performance
Head over to the original post to find out more.